- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 13 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 61 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 82 days ago
2005 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad motor mounts27
- car shuts down while driving22
- excessive oil consumption14
- timing chain tensioner failed5
- engine failure3
- engine turns over but won't start3
- knocking noises while driving3
- p0420 code with engine vibration/rattling3
- service engine light - hard to start3
- idling problems2
- valve covers leaking2
- engine cuts out with ac on1
- engine noise1
- engine smokes when starting1
- loud groan from engine when started1
- service engine light1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling190
- NHTSA: Engine84
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine43
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control30
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.