- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
2005 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad motor mounts21
- car shuts down while driving20
- excessive oil consumption11
- engine failure3
- idling problems2
- knocking noises while driving2
- p0420 code with engine vibration/rattling2
- service engine light - hard to start2
- engine cuts out with ac on1
- engine smokes when starting1
- engine turns over but won't start1
- loud groan from engine when started1
- timing chain tensioner failed1
- valve covers leaking1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling71
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine22
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.