- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
- May 5: Nissan Altima Rusted Floorboards Get Attention in Lawsuit
- April 16: Nissan Sentra Airbag Explodes, Nissan Expands Airbag Recall
- April 14: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Filed in New York
2005 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad motor mounts23
- car shuts down while driving21
- excessive oil consumption12
- engine failure3
- engine turns over but won't start2
- idling problems2
- knocking noises while driving2
- p0420 code with engine vibration/rattling2
- service engine light - hard to start2
- timing chain tensioner failed2
- engine cuts out with ac on1
- engine smokes when starting1
- loud groan from engine when started1
- service engine light1
- valve covers leaking1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling71
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine22
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.