- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 28 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 30 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
2005 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- bad motor mounts30
- car shuts down while driving22
- excessive oil consumption14
- timing chain tensioner failed6
- service engine light5
- engine failure3
- engine turns over but won't start3
- exhaust manifold and gaskets failed3
- idling problems3
- knocking noises while driving3
- p0420 code with engine vibration/rattling3
- valve covers leaking2
- engine cuts out with ac on1
- engine noise1
- engine smokes when starting1
- loss of power1
- loud groan from engine when started1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling191
- NHTSA: Engine103
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine43
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control34
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.