- August 8: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Nears Final Hearing news | 4 days ago
- July 30: Nissan Infotainment System Problems Cause Recall recalls | 13 days ago
- July 24: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 19 days ago
- July 1: Nissan Frontier and Titan Owners Warned to Use Parking Brakes recalls | 42 days ago
- June 28: Nissan Pathfinder Hood Latch Recall Follows Investigation recalls | 45 days ago
2013 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
2013 Nissan Altima Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly176
- Transmission Stopped Working71
- Gear Shift Stuck In Park31
- Shifting At Stop/Idle7
- Transmission Makes Growling Noise At Low Rpm7
- Failed Torque Converter5
- Metal In Pan2
- Severe Whine When Transmission Is In Park And Engine Cold2
- Transmission Fluid Level Issue2
- Gear Shift Solenoid Fail1
- Noise At 40mph And Faster1
- Shifter/Cover Makes Crunching Noise1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission6
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.