- July 27: 2021 Nissan Rogues May Have Seat Belt Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- July 19: Nissan LEAF Lawsuit is Time-Barred, Argues Nissan news | 12 days ago
- July 14: Nissan Rogue Sport Liftgate Hinges Could Break: Recall recalls | 17 days ago
- July 11: Nissan LEAF Electromagnetic Radiation Lawsuit Filed in Georgia news | 20 days ago
- July 1: Nissan Rogue SUVs May Need New Seatbacks recalls | 30 days ago
2013 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
2013 Nissan Altima Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly168
- Transmission Stopped Working67
- Gear Shift Stuck In Park24
- Shifting At Stop/Idle7
- Transmission Makes Growling Noise At Low Rpm6
- Failed Torque Converter3
- Metal In Pan2
- Severe Whine When Transmission Is In Park And Engine Cold2
- Transmission Fluid Level Issue2
- Noise At 40mph And Faster1
- Shifter/Cover Makes Crunching Noise1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.