- July 22: Recall: Nissan LEAF Backup Camera Not Working recalls | 12 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Lease Wear and Tear Fee Lawsuit Dismissed news | 26 days ago
- July 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Soft Brake Pedal Lawsuit Dismissed news | 29 days ago
- June 7: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Closed investigations | 57 days ago
- June 4: Nissan Altima Hood Latch Recall: No. 4 recalls | 60 days ago
2013 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
2013 Nissan Altima Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly165
- Transmission Stopped Working65
- Gear Shift Stuck In Park23
- Shifting At Stop/Idle7
- Transmission Makes Growling Noise At Low Rpm6
- Failed Torque Converter3
- Metal In Pan2
- Severe Whine When Transmission Is In Park And Engine Cold2
- Transmission Fluid Level Issue2
- Noise At 40mph And Faster1
- Shifter/Cover Makes Crunching Noise1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.