- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 47 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 47 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 57 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 66 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 71 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 73,859 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 36 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (23 reports)
- not sure (13 reports)