- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 7 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 16 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 16 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 57 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (34 reports)
- not sure (23 reports)