- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 5 days ago
- September 4: Nissan Sentra LED Headlight Recall For 6,000 Cars recalls | 26 days ago
- August 10: Nissan Rogue Automatic Braking Problems: 1,400 Complaints news | 51 days ago
- July 22: Recall: Nissan LEAF Backup Camera Not Working recalls | 70 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Lease Wear and Tear Fee Lawsuit Dismissed news | 84 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 66 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (41 reports)
- not sure (23 reports)
- new transmission (1 reports)
- rebuilt transmission (1 reports)