- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 3 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Recalls 370Z Cars to Fix Curtain Airbags recalls | 29 days ago
- March 17: Nissan Recalls JUKEs For Second Time For Same Problems recalls | 33 days ago
- March 9: Nissan Wants Continuously Variable Transmission Lawsuit Dismissed news | 41 days ago
- March 8: Nissan Sentra Automatic Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 46 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (29 reports)
- not sure (17 reports)