- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 0 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 13 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 29 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 36 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 48 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 78,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 51 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (30 reports)
- not sure (21 reports)