- September 17: Recall: 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Hoods May Fly Open recalls | 10 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 19 days ago
- August 10: Nissan Altima Headlight Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 48 days ago
- July 27: 2021 Nissan Rogues May Have Seat Belt Problems recalls | 62 days ago
- July 19: Nissan LEAF Lawsuit is Time-Barred, Argues Nissan news | 70 days ago
Transmission Stopped Working
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 79,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 67 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (41 reports)
- not sure (24 reports)
- new transmission (1 reports)
- rebuilt transmission (1 reports)