- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 4 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 8 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 13 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 13 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 13 days ago
2016 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Altima seems relatively trouble-free at low mileage.
However with a long history of CVT transmission problems, we are reserving judgment until more of these Altimas near the typical 100,000 mile mark where the CVT transmission problems kick in.
Worst 2016 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems10NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 2
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 18
- AC / heater problems3
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 27
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.