- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 3 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 19 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 28 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 47 days ago
2016 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Altima seems relatively trouble-free at low mileage.
However with a long history of CVT transmission problems, we are reserving judgment until more of these Altimas near the typical 100,000 mile mark where the CVT transmission problems kick in.
Worst 2016 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems9NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 13
- AC / heater problems3
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- windows / windshield problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 19
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.