- October 13: Nissan Recalls Hybrid Vehicles That May Stall recalls | 12 days ago
- October 7: Nissan CVT Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 18 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Allegedly Not Adequate news | 19 days ago
- October 1: 2022 Nissan Pathfinders Recalled Twice recalls | 24 days ago
- September 17: Recall: 2022 Nissan Pathfinder Hoods May Fly Open recalls | 38 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2008 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems75NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems65NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 97
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 305
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 84
- AC / heater problems14
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 96
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 20
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 144
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 35
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 169
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 177
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 65
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.