- October 16: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Opened investigations | 28 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed news | 38 days ago
- September 23: Nissan and Infiniti Backup Camera Recall Affects 1.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 51 days ago
- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated investigations | 62 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 79 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2008 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems74NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems59NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 87
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 290
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 79
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 93
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 131
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 153
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 34
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 145
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 62
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 14
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.