- August 10: Nissan Rogue Automatic Braking Problems: 1,400 Complaints news | 3 days ago
- July 22: Recall: Nissan LEAF Backup Camera Not Working recalls | 22 days ago
- July 8: Nissan Lease Wear and Tear Fee Lawsuit Dismissed news | 36 days ago
- July 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Soft Brake Pedal Lawsuit Dismissed news | 39 days ago
- June 7: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Closed investigations | 67 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2008 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems74NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems61NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 90
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 298
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 80
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 97
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 135
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 164
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 36
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 160
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 63
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 14
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.