- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 1 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 14 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 30 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 37 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 49 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2008 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems72NHTSA complaints: 24
- transmission problems55NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 83
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 284
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 91
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 120
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 148
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 32
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 127
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 52
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.