- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 53 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 57 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 58 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 66 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2008 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems72NHTSA complaints: 24
- transmission problems54NHTSA complaints: 9
- engine problems27NHTSA complaints: 83
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 283
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 91
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 16
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 119
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 146
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 32
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 124
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 50
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.