- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Goodyear All-Terrain Tire Lawsuit Nets Plaintiff Millions news | 10 days ago
- December 2: Consumers Confused by Partially Automated Driving Features news | 10 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2008 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems72NHTSA complaints: 25
- transmission problems57NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 86
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 287
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 92
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 124
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 9
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 149
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 33
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 134
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 59
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 13
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.