- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 1 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 4 days ago
- August 13: Nissan Clutch Class Action Lawsuit Alive on Appeal news | 8 days ago
- August 4: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Expanded investigations | 17 days ago
2011 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2011 Nissan Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems26NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems13NHTSA complaints: 20
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 31
- AC / heater problems7
- electrical problems7NHTSA complaints: 26
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 44
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 22
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 7
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.