- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- November 8: Nissan Versa CVT Lawsuit Alleges Cars Fail to Accelerate news | 11 days ago
- October 28: Subaru Admits Selling Vehicles Without Proper Inspections news | 22 days ago
- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 40 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2009 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- steering problems431NHTSA complaints: 706
- transmission problems49NHTSA complaints: 3
- interior accessories problems25NHTSA complaints: 13
- electrical problems25NHTSA complaints: 393
- engine problems18NHTSA complaints: 111
- AC / heater problems9
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 58
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 64
- suspension problems6NHTSA complaints: 16
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 31
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 55
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 85
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 39
- lights problemsNHTSA: 8
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.