- March 22: Honda Odyssey and Pilot Infotainment System Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 3 days ago
- March 12: Honda and Acura Recall 1.1 Million Vehicles Over Takata Airbags recalls | 13 days ago
- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 39 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 43 days ago
2001 Honda Civic (Page 1 of 34)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 679 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (259 reports)
- rebuilt whole transmission (153 reports)
- not sure (142 reports)
- get Honda to cover the cost (54 reports)
- buy a different car...can't afford the repair (24 reports)
- break down the transmission and fix (15 reports)