- November 18: Honda Odyssey Second-Row Seat Problems Injure 46 recalls | 5 days ago
- November 14: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Lawsuit Tossed news | 9 days ago
- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 70 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 73 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 76 days ago
2001 Honda Civic (Page 1 of 34)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,172 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 675 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (257 reports)
- rebuilt whole transmission (153 reports)
- not sure (141 reports)
- get Honda to cover the cost (54 reports)
- buy a different car...can't afford the repair (23 reports)
- break down the transmission and fix (15 reports)