- March 14: Honda Wiring Lawsuit Claims Soy Attracts Animals news | 5 days ago
- March 3: Honda CR-V and Civic High Oil Levels a Growing Trend news | 16 days ago
- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 29 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 37 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 48 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.