- May 9: Honda Civic Electric Parking Brake Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 25 days ago
- April 27: Honda Timing Belt Recall Issued For Separated Teeth recalls | 26 days ago
- April 26: Recall: Honda Odyssey Minivans Shift Into PARK While Driving recalls | 27 days ago
- April 23: Investigation: 12.3 Million Vehicles For Airbag Failures investigations | 30 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.