- July 7: Honda Crackling and Popping Speakers Cause Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
- June 26: Honda Idle-Stop Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 47 days ago
- June 23: Some 2020 Honda CR-Vs Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 50 days ago
- June 22: Honda Ridgeline Frame Rust Recall: Buybacks Possible recalls | 51 days ago
- June 9: Honda Pilot Idle-Stop Issues Cause 220 Complaints investigations | 64 days ago
2000 Honda Civic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The last model year of the 6th generation Civic (1996-2000) and, subsequently, the last model year before the popular car was overrun with transmission problems.
Worst 2000 Honda Civic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exhaust system problems9NHTSA complaints: 23
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 28
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 42
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 38
- AC / heater problems2
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 95
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 15
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 10
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- steering problemsNHTSA: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.