- July 24: Honda Odyssey Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- July 20: Honda Infotainment Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 8 days ago
- June 15: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled Over Seat Frames recalls | 43 days ago
- June 5: Honda Ridgeline Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Tailgates news | 53 days ago
- June 4: Honda Battery Class Action Lawsuit in Florida news | 54 days ago
2000 Honda Civic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The last model year of the 6th generation Civic (1996-2000) and, subsequently, the last model year before the popular car was overrun with transmission problems.
Worst 2000 Honda Civic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- exhaust system problems9NHTSA complaints: 23
- transmission problems8NHTSA complaints: 28
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 42
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 38
- AC / heater problems2
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- interior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 95
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 15
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 6
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.