- February 18: Takata Bankruptcy Settlement Agreement Approved news | 4 days ago
- February 10: Honda Recalls Clarity Fuel Cell Cars, All in California recalls | 12 days ago
- January 30: Honda Malaysia Reports Takata Airbag-Related Death news | 23 days ago
- January 18: Takata Airbag Claims Another Life, This Time in Florida news | 35 days ago
- January 11: Honda Recalls 717,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 42 days ago
2002 Honda Civic
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
Worst 2002 Civic Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems353NHTSA complaints: 115
- seat belts / air bags problems48NHTSA complaints: 255
- engine problems26NHTSA complaints: 56
- exhaust system problems18NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems18NHTSA complaints: 36
- body / paint problems16NHTSA complaints: 18
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 36
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 13
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 12
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 24
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 50
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- clutch problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 56
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 13
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.