- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 6 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 12 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 19 days ago
- August 18: Honda Battery Warranty Useless, Alleges Lawsuit news | 40 days ago
- July 24: Honda Odyssey Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 65 days ago
2001 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
2001 Honda Civic Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure681
- Transmission Slipping76
- Transmission Won't Engage63
- Pops Out Of Gear21
- Shutters On Initial Movement17
- Jerks When Accelerating15
- Noise From Transmission7
- Stops Suddenly While Driving6
- P0470- Tcc Failed4
- Torque Convertor3
- O/D Not Working2
- Leaking Tranny Fluid1
- Shifting Roughly1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission287
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission11
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter9
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position Indication ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Floor ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral Start Interlock ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.