- July 25: Honda Recalls 2018 Civics to Replace Gibberish Labels recalls | 25 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Seating Capacity of Five is False: Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- July 21: Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 29 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 55 days ago
- June 4: Malaysia To Punish Owners Who Ignore Takata Airbag Recalls news | 76 days ago
Transmission Won't Engage
2001 Honda Civic (Page 1 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 117,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 63 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (30 reports)
- not sure (30 reports)
- sold car as is (3 reports)