- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 3 days ago
- December 4: Honda Recalls Civic Hatchback and Civic Type R Cars recalls | 10 days ago
- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 24 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 28 days ago
2001 Honda Civic (Page 1 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2001 Civic has transmission problems, transmission problems & more transmission problems. Did we mention transmission problems? And a dangerous defect with the front airbag that didn't get recalled for 10 years.
Although eventually the defective 2001 Civic airbag inflators were fixed under recalls in 2011 & 2013, that meant for 10 to 12 years airbags were activating with excessive force where metal fragments went shooting into passengers when the airbag deployed.
As for the 2001 Civic's transmission woes? Honda conducted a major transmission recall in 2004 & settled a class action lawsuit for defective transmissions in 2006. But, neither the recall or the lawsuit included the 2001 Civic.
Last thing to consider - the 2001 Civic is the most-recalled car ever, closely followed by the 2002 Civic & the 2001 Accord. The 2001 Civic is the 4th most-recalled vehicle overall, only a Ford truck & two Ford vans have more.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 110,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 76 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (44 reports)
- replaced transmission (17 reports)
- replace transmission & torque converter (8 reports)
- drive it off a cliff.. (5 reports)
- get a few friends together to help push it off of a cliff.. (2 reports)