- October 22: Honda Pays $5 Million Over Takata Airbags news | 8 days ago
- October 4: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Failed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 26 days ago
- October 3: Mesa, Arizona: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Takata Airbag news | 27 days ago
- September 26: Honda Ridgeline Bed Cover Recall Issued recalls | 34 days ago
- September 8: Honda Odyssey Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 52 days ago
2002 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
2002 Honda Civic Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure278
- Transmission Slipping60
- Pops Out Of Gear13
- Loud Noise While Changing Gears4
- Shifter Does Not Engage Any Gear3
- Grinding Noise At Acceleration2
- Transmission Light Flashes2
- Intermittent Difficulty Shifting Into Reverse1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission102
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission11
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral Start ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.