- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 17 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 21 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 36 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 42 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 49 days ago
2002 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
2002 Honda Civic Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure280
- Transmission Slipping60
- Pops Out Of Gear13
- Loud Noise While Changing Gears4
- Shifter Does Not Engage Any Gear3
- Grinding Noise At Acceleration2
- Transmission Light Flashes2
- Intermittent Difficulty Shifting Into Reverse1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission101
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission10
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral Start Interlock ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.