- June 17: Honda Recalls Clarity Electric, Fuel Cell and Plug-in Hybrid recalls | 19 days ago
- June 8: Honda CR-V Infotainment Problems Debated in Court news | 28 days ago
- June 2: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Includes 1.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 34 days ago
- May 24: Honda Window Regulator Lawsuit: No Class Action news | 43 days ago
- May 13: Honda Fuel Pump Class Action Lawsuit Says Pumps Fail news | 54 days ago
2002 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
2002 Honda Civic Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Failure278
- Transmission Slipping60
- Pops Out Of Gear13
- Loud Noise While Changing Gears4
- Shifter Does Not Engage Any Gear3
- Grinding Noise At Acceleration2
- Transmission Light Flashes2
- Intermittent Difficulty Shifting Into Reverse1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission102
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission11
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral Start ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.