- May 22: Honda Says Airbag Inflators Were Installed Incorrectly recalls | 0 days ago
- May 17: Honda Sensing Lawsuit Says 2017 CR-Vs Are Dangerous news | 5 days ago
- May 1: Honda Makes 600,000 House Calls Over Takata Airbags news | 21 days ago
- April 18: Honda Sued By Insurance Company After Odyssey Fire news | 34 days ago
- April 15: Acura HandsFreeLink Class-Action Lawsuit Still Connected news | 37 days ago
2002 Honda Civic (Page 1 of 14)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 108,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 273 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (138 reports)
- rebuild transmission (61 reports)
- not sure (52 reports)
- replaced transmission, Honda covered cost of parts (9 reports)
- open a case with honda corporate (7 reports)
- scrapped car (3 reports)