- February 14: 437,000 Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled For Fuel Pumps recalls | 8 days ago
- February 10: 2015 Honda CR-V Vibration Lawsuit Settlement Approved news | 12 days ago
- February 8: Honda Ridgeline Recalled To Replace Fuel Pumps and Covers recalls | 14 days ago
- December 22: Honda Clarity Fuel Cell Recall Ordered For 1,082 Cars recalls | 62 days ago
- December 14: Honda Recalls Pilot and Ridgeline Due To Airbag Problems recalls | 70 days ago
2002 Honda Civic
CarComplaints.com Notes: Yes, the Honda Civic receives a lot of complaints because so many were sold. And sure, car parts only last so long and things eventually break. But it's never good to see this many transmission complaints, especially when the average mileage at failure is just north of 100,000 miles.
Especially when you consider that it's predecessor also has a nasty history with transmission complaints.
2002 Honda Civic Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Head Gasket Blew6
- Engine Light On3
- Rod Bearing Failure3
- Air Filter Screw Goes Bad2
- Engine Misfires2
- Air Filter Housing Screws Stuck1
- Engine Components Warp1
- Engine Shuts Down While Driving1
- Excessive Oil Consumption1
- Hard To Shift Gears Intermittently1
- Head Cover Gasket Leaks1
- Poor Acceleration1
- Revving High At Stop, When Braking1
- Starter Motor Failed1
- Throttle Body Failure1
- Valve Seals Need Replacing1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control20
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling15
- NHTSA: Engine13
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine11
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Civic Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Civic compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Civic overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Civic.