- May 11: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Dismissed news | 17 days ago
- May 2: 2022 Nissan Rogues Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 26 days ago
- April 22: Nissan Sentra Headlight Replacement Recall Affects 6,000 Cars recalls | 36 days ago
- March 13: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 75 days ago
- March 11: Top Vehicle Safety Picks For 2022 news | 77 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 22)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 425 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (290 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (27 reports)
- replace radiator (14 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)