- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 5 days ago
- February 8: Nissan Recalls Juke Nismo RS SUVs For Braking Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- February 6: Nissan CVT Cooling System Lawsuit Continues in Court news | 11 days ago
- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 21)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 417 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (287 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (26 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- replace radiator (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)