- May 25: Nissan LEAF Cars Recalled Over Brake Fluid Leaks recalls | 1 days ago
- May 24: Nissan Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Settled news | 2 days ago
- May 2: Nissan LEAF Recall Issued For the Wrong Defroster Instructions recalls | 24 days ago
- May 2: Recall: Nissan Rogue, Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 recalls | 24 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Tire Recall Affects Frontier and Titan Trucks recalls | 27 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 22)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 425 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (290 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (27 reports)
- replace radiator (14 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)
- Nissan Pathfinder Transmission Lawsuit - Class Action reagrding radiator defect that causes transmission failure.
- Nissan Cracked Radiator And Transmission Problems - A description of how a cracked radiator can cause the transmission to fail and actions you can take.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I didn't even get to enjoy my pathfinder a whole year before it became my lawn ornament.
- Amber B., Gerber, CA, US