- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 43 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 43 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 53 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 62 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 67 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 21)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,907 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 416 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (286 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (26 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- replace radiator (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)