- April 2: Nissan Recalls Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 2 days ago
- March 13: 2020 Nissan Versa Recalled To Replace Fuel Tanks recalls | 22 days ago
- February 23: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 41 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 47 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 80 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 22)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 424 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (290 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (27 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- replace radiator (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)