- November 23: Infiniti FX Bubbling Dashboard Lawsuit Verdict Overturned news | 1 days ago
- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 5 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- November 8: Nissan Versa CVT Lawsuit Alleges Cars Fail to Accelerate news | 16 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 21)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 417 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (287 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (26 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- replace radiator (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)