- April 4: Nissan Transmission Lawsuit Names Pathfinder and Rogue news | 11 days ago
- March 27: Nissan Rogue Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 19 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Recalls 2021 Rogue For Wrong Wheel Nuts recalls | 21 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Altima Hood Latch Recall Fix Failed: Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Murano Transverse Links Could Separate From Ball Joints recalls | 27 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 22)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 424 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (290 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (27 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- replace radiator (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)