- December 28: Nissan Wants Altima Floorboard Lawsuit Tossed news | 22 days ago
- December 27: Nissan Forward Emergency Braking Malfunction Causes Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 39 days ago
- December 7: 2013 Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Failures Investigated investigations | 43 days ago
- December 2: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed Over Sensors news | 48 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 1 of 22)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 424 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (290 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (27 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- replace radiator (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)