- October 16: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Opened investigations | 5 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed news | 15 days ago
- September 23: Nissan and Infiniti Backup Camera Recall Affects 1.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 28 days ago
- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated investigations | 39 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 56 days ago
Coolant Leaked Into Transmission
2005 Nissan Pathfinder (Page 2 of 22)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 424 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission & radiator (290 reports)
- not sure (55 reports)
- replace transmission & flush the radiator (27 reports)
- repair transmission and add an external oil cooler (13 reports)
- replace radiator (13 reports)
- rebuild transmission (12 reports)