- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 5 days ago
- February 8: Nissan Recalls Juke Nismo RS SUVs For Braking Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- February 6: Nissan CVT Cooling System Lawsuit Continues in Court news | 11 days ago
- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 26 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Pathfinder appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
According to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
Worst 2006 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems243NHTSA complaints: 37
- engine problems32NHTSA complaints: 279
- fuel system problems13NHTSA complaints: 217
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems9NHTSA complaints: 40
- exhaust system problems8NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 26
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 38
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 377
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 36
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 5
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.