- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 43 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 43 days ago
- July 30: Ford and Mazda Want Out of Takata Recall of 2.7 Million Airbags recalls | 53 days ago
- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 62 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 67 days ago
2009 Nissan Pathfinder
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: There are no warning signs of the same "radiator leaked and killed my transmission" complaints that have plagued previous model years.
For earlier Pathfinder model years (2005-2008), a defect in the radiator allows engine coolant to leak into the transmission. However this defect doesn't appear to affect Pathfinders from 2009 & later. Nissan did include the 2009-2010 models when they extended their radiator warranty on 2005-2010 Pathfinders to 8 years/80,000 miles in response to the transmission defect.
Worst 2009 Pathfinder Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems2
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 4
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Pathfinder Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Pathfinder compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Pathfinder overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Pathfinder.