- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 3 days ago
- June 20: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Affects Millions of Vehicles news | 33 days ago
- May 23: Hyundai Velosters Recalled For Driver's Side Door Problems recalls | 61 days ago
- April 30: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 84 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 172 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (132 reports)
- not sure (31 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)