- November 7: Hyundai and Kia Power Window Lawsuit Filed in California news | 15 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Elantra and Ioniq Hybrid Wheels May Detach recalls | 30 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars At Risk of Stability Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Smart Trunk Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 34 days ago
- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 175 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (133 reports)
- not sure (32 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)