- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 7 days ago
- February 8: Hyundai Elantra and Elantra Touring Cars Recalled After Fires recalls | 16 days ago
- February 3: Hyundai Kona Recall Issued Over Axle Weight Labels recalls | 21 days ago
- November 30: Hyundai Panoramic Sunroof Settlement is Final news | 86 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 175 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (133 reports)
- not sure (32 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)