- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 9 days ago
- October 29: Sunroof Airbags May One Day Protect You in Rollover Crashes news | 25 days ago
- October 28: Investigation Closed Into Hyundai Sonata Seat Belt Problems investigations | 26 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas and Sonata Hybrids For 2nd Time recalls | 35 days ago
- October 5: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs That May Need New Engines recalls | 49 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 90,803 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 149 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (118 reports)
- not sure (24 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- junked the car (1 reports)