- July 17: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe and Sonata Over Fuel Leaks recalls | 10 days ago
- July 4: Hyundai Class Action Lawsuit: Kona EV and Ioniq EV news | 23 days ago
- June 13: Genesis GV80 Class Action Lawsuit Says SUVs Vibrate news | 44 days ago
- May 15: Hyundai Kia Engine Defect Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 73 days ago
- May 14: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Settled news | 74 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 96,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 180 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (136 reports)
- not sure (33 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (3 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)