- July 3: Hyundai Venue Recall Issued For Exploding Pretensioners recalls | 2 days ago
- June 11: Hyundai Pretensioner Recall Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- May 27: Hyundai NEXO Vehicles Recalled For Hydrogen Leaks recalls | 39 days ago
- May 24: Hyundai Pretensioner Recall Affects Accent and Elantra recalls | 42 days ago
- May 18: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq 5 SUVs After Rollaway Incidents recalls | 48 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 96,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 187 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (141 reports)
- not sure (33 reports)
- junked the car (4 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)