- February 24: Hyundai Santa Fe Steering Wheels Can Fall Off: Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- February 19: Hyundai/Kia Engine Lawsuit Says Theta II Engines Defective news | 6 days ago
- January 24: Hyundai Recalls Azera and Sonata For Fire Dangers recalls | 32 days ago
- January 24: Appeals Court Overturns $395 Million Hyundai/Kia Settlements news | 32 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 49 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 91,102 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 151 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (118 reports)
- not sure (24 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)