- February 3: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Targets Pistons news | 13 days ago
- February 1: Hyundai Sunroof Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 15 days ago
- January 22: Study Says Hyundai and Kia Vehicles Suffer More Fires news | 25 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 30 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 30 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 166 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (129 reports)
- not sure (28 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)