- January 17: Hyundai Engine Warranty Extension For Sonata, Santa Fe Sport news | 0 days ago
- January 17: Hyundai Engine Replacement Recalls May Have Failed recalls | 0 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Elantra Recall Ordered To Fix Faulty Sunroofs recalls | 25 days ago
- December 17: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Lead to Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- November 24: Hyundai and Kia Fire Lawsuit Says Oil Sludge Ruins Engines news | 54 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 166 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (129 reports)
- not sure (28 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)