- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 50 days ago
- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 70 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 2 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 158 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (122 reports)
- not sure (27 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)
- engine replaced (1 reports)