- January 7: Hyundai Engine Lawsuit Names Sonata, Tucson and Santa Fe news | 9 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 19 days ago
- December 25: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 22 days ago
- December 14: Hyundai Elantra Brake Light Switch Recall For 390,400 Cars recalls | 33 days ago
- November 14: Hyundai Sonata Brake Lawsuit Will Not Stop news | 63 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 2 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 91,102 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 151 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- engine replacement (118 reports)
- not sure (25 reports)
- sold vehicle (4 reports)
- junked the car (2 reports)
- replace lower half of engine (2 reports)