- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 28 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 39 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 58 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 59 days ago
- July 2: Hyundai and Kia Theta II Engine Fires Under Investigation investigations | 85 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Seized162
- Engine Stalled/Cut-Off While Driving41
- Excessive Engine Noise25
- Excessive Oil Consumption24
- Engine Caught Fire10
- Engine Light On6
- Oil Leak4
- Fuel Injection System Failed3
- Manifold Readings2
- Turbo Failed2
- Engine Cracked1
- Engine Shakes When Powering Off1
- No Acceleration1
- Over Revving When Lights On1
- White Smoke Out Of Tailpipe1
- NHTSA: Engine499
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control59
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling28
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine9
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.