- September 30: Hyundai Recalls 2024 Kona SUVs Over Seat Belt Issues recalls | 4 days ago
- September 27: Park Outside: Hyundai Recalls 2 Million Vehicles Following 21 Fires recalls | 7 days ago
- September 26: Lawsuit Blames Hyundai After Elantra Owner Shot in Chest news | 8 days ago
- September 9: Hyundai Oil Pump Recall Causes Class Action Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- August 27: Hyundai Elantra Hybrids Recalled Over Unintended Acceleration recalls | 38 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Seized190
- Engine Stalled/Cut-Off While Driving46
- Excessive Oil Consumption30
- Excessive Engine Noise28
- Engine Caught Fire13
- Engine Light On6
- Oil Leak4
- Fuel Injection System Failed3
- Manifold Readings2
- Turbo Failed2
- White Smoke Out Of Tailpipe2
- Engine Cracked1
- Engine Oil Is Pitch Black And Low After 2000 Km1
- Engine Shakes When Powering Off1
- No Acceleration1
- Over Revving When Lights On1
- NHTSA: Engine868
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control84
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine9
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.