- April 26: Hyundai Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 0 days ago
- April 24: Hyundai Engine Oil Sludge Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 2 days ago
- March 24: Hyundai Recalls Sonata Plug-In Hybrids For Power Loss recalls | 33 days ago
- March 17: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Failures Kill 4, Injure 6 investigations | 40 days ago
- March 8: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas to Fix Non-Deploying Airbags recalls | 49 days ago
2011 Hyundai Sonata
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
2011 Hyundai Sonata Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine seized154
- engine stalled/cut-off while driving40
- excessive engine noise25
- excessive oil consumption24
- engine caught fire8
- engine light on6
- oil leak4
- fuel injection system failed3
- manifold readings2
- turbo failed2
- engine cracked1
- engine shakes when powering off1
- no acceleration1
- over revving when lights on1
- white smoke out of tailpipe1
- NHTSA: Engine459
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control58
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling28
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Sonata Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Sonata compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Sonata overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Sonata.