- July 15: Hyundai Accessory Socket Outlet Fires Cause Recall recalls | 19 days ago
- May 25: Hyundai and Kia Engine Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 70 days ago
- May 20: Hyundai Palisade Windshield Crack Lawsuit Filed news | 75 days ago
- May 8: Hyundai Genesis Coupes Recalled For Airbag Troubles recalls | 87 days ago
Engine Stalled/Cut-Off While Driving
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 98,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 44 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (22 reports)
- replace engine (20 reports)
- replace computer (1 reports)
- replaced defective brake switch (1 reports)