- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 3 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 18 days ago
- February 28: Hyundai Tucson Oil Leak Recall Issued For Fire Risk recalls | 21 days ago
- February 3: Hyundai Elantra Class Action Lawsuit Targets Pistons news | 46 days ago
Engine Stalled/Cut-Off While Driving
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 42 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (21 reports)
- replace engine (19 reports)
- replace computer (1 reports)
- replaced defective brake switch (1 reports)