- August 17: ZF TRW Airbag Lawsuit Includes Multiple Automakers news | 3 days ago
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe 'Hesitation on Acceleration' Lawsuit Survives news | 9 days ago
- July 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Recalled Over Fire Risk recalls | 20 days ago
- July 27: South Korea Indicts 3 Hyundai Executives Over Theta II Engines news | 24 days ago
- July 20: Hyundai and Kia Airbag Lawsuit Says Airbag Control Units Fail news | 31 days ago
Engine Stalled/Cut-Off While Driving
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,050 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 42 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (21 reports)
- replace engine (19 reports)
- replace computer (1 reports)
- replaced defective brake switch (1 reports)