- March 8: Hyundai Sonata Recall Includes 5,000 Model Year 2020 Cars recalls | 32 days ago
- March 5: Hyundai Sonata Fuel Line Recall Ordered After Fuel Leaks recalls | 35 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 52 days ago
- February 8: Hyundai Elantra and Elantra Touring Cars Recalled After Fires recalls | 61 days ago
- February 3: Hyundai Kona Recall Issued Over Axle Weight Labels recalls | 66 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 92,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 26 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (15 reports)
- replace engine (7 reports)
- it's fixed under extended warranty (1 reports)
- perform an oil consumption test (1 reports)
- replace oil pan and gasket (1 reports)
- replace valve seals (1 reports)