- October 1: Hyundai Theft Fix is a $170 Security Kit news | 2 days ago
- September 17: Hyundai Oil Leak Problems Need Investigated, Alleges Petition investigations | 16 days ago
- August 24: Hyundai Palisade Fires Cause Warning to Park Outside recalls | 40 days ago
- August 20: Hyundai Recalls Palisades Following Windshield Wiper Failures recalls | 44 days ago
- August 17: Hyundai and Kia Thefts Send Owners to Court news | 47 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 94,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 29 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (17 reports)
- replace engine (7 reports)
- perform an oil consumption test (2 reports)
- it's fixed under extended warranty (1 reports)
- replace oil pan and gasket (1 reports)
- replace valve seals (1 reports)