- October 14: Hyundai Kia Fire Recall Needed, Says Safety Group news | 1 days ago
- August 28: Hyundai and Kia Fires Occuring Without Collisions investigations | 48 days ago
- August 17: Genesis G80 Recalled For Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 59 days ago
- July 29: Hyundai Elantra Engine Ticking Noise From Pistons: Lawsuit news | 78 days ago
- July 28: Hyundai Santa Fe Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 79 days ago
Excessive Engine Noise
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,150 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 26 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the engine (13 reports)
- not sure (8 reports)
- recall 132 (5 reports)