- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 0 days ago
- March 18: Theta II Engine Fires Investigated by State Attorneys General investigations | 4 days ago
- March 11: Hyundai GDI Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- March 3: Kia Sportages Recalled For Oil Pan Leaks recalls | 19 days ago
- February 28: Hyundai Tucson Oil Leak Recall Issued For Fire Risk recalls | 22 days ago
Excessive Engine Noise
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 28 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the engine (14 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- recall 132 (5 reports)