- June 12: Hyundai and Kia Engine Fires Should Be Investigated investigations | 11 days ago
- June 8: Kia Recalls 507,000 Fortes, Optimas and Sedonas recalls | 15 days ago
- May 31: Genesis G80 and G90 Cars Could Lose Windshields and Windows recalls | 23 days ago
- May 10: Hyundai Recalls Ioniq Hybrids To Repair Oil Seals recalls | 44 days ago
- April 26: Hyundai Recalls 580,000 Sonatas For Deadly Airbag Problems recalls | 58 days ago
Excessive Engine Noise
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the engine (12 reports)
- not sure (8 reports)
- recall 132 (5 reports)