- November 7: Hyundai and Kia Power Window Lawsuit Filed in California news | 12 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Elantra and Ioniq Hybrid Wheels May Detach recalls | 27 days ago
- October 23: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars At Risk of Stability Problems recalls | 27 days ago
- October 19: Hyundai Smart Trunk Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 31 days ago
- October 18: Hyundai Kia Settlement Reached In Car Fires Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
Excessive Engine Noise
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 87,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 28 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace the engine (14 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- recall 132 (5 reports)