- March 8: Hyundai Sonata Recall Includes 5,000 Model Year 2020 Cars recalls | 32 days ago
- March 5: Hyundai Sonata Fuel Line Recall Ordered After Fuel Leaks recalls | 35 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 52 days ago
- February 8: Hyundai Elantra and Elantra Touring Cars Recalled After Fires recalls | 61 days ago
- February 3: Hyundai Kona Recall Issued Over Axle Weight Labels recalls | 66 days ago
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 66,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- electric waste gate adjusted (1 reports)