- May 11: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Dismissed news | 6 days ago
- May 2: 2022 Nissan Rogues Need New Fuel Tanks recalls | 15 days ago
- April 22: Nissan Sentra Headlight Replacement Recall Affects 6,000 Cars recalls | 25 days ago
- March 13: Nissan Altima Rust Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 65 days ago
- March 11: Top Vehicle Safety Picks For 2022 news | 67 days ago
CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 55,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 176 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (58 reports)
- not sure (49 reports)
- nothing fixed (22 reports)
- replace transmission (22 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (11 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (8 reports)