- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 0 days ago
- March 21: Nissan Rogue AEB Malfunctions Should Be Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- February 27: 2019 Nissan Altimas Recalled For Possible Fuel Leaks recalls | 23 days ago
- February 20: 2009 Nissan Murano Recall Issued For Brake Fluid Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- February 15: Nissan Altima Door Latch Problems Cause 2nd Recall recalls | 35 days ago
CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 51,350 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 153 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (51 reports)
- not sure (44 reports)
- nothing fixed (20 reports)
- replace transmission (18 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (8 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (6 reports)