- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 2 days ago
- January 7: Subaru Investigated in Japan Over Mileage Claims news | 12 days ago
- December 31: Nissan Used Uncertified Inspectors For Decades news | 19 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 22 days ago
- December 17: Nissan Transmission (CVT) Class-Action Lawsuit Filed news | 33 days ago
Cvt Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 7)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 45,513 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 123 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (40 reports)
- not sure (36 reports)
- nothing fixed (19 reports)
- replace transmission (16 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (5 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (4 reports)