- October 16: Nissan LEAF 'Passenger Airbag Off' Investigation Opened investigations | 6 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Automatic Emergency Braking Lawsuit Filed news | 16 days ago
- September 23: Nissan and Infiniti Backup Camera Recall Affects 1.3 Million Vehicles recalls | 29 days ago
- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated investigations | 40 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 57 days ago
CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 52,700 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 159 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (54 reports)
- not sure (45 reports)
- nothing fixed (20 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (9 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (6 reports)