- October 15: Fake Recall Notices Get Car Dealers Into Trouble With the FTC news | 5 days ago
- October 4: Nissan Altima Transmission Recall Needed, Says Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- September 29: Nissan Says Inspection Documents in Japan Were Falsified news | 21 days ago
- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 30 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 49 days ago
CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 48,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 143 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (46 reports)
- not sure (44 reports)
- nothing fixed (20 reports)
- replace transmission (17 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (6 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (6 reports)