- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 0 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 3 days ago
- August 13: Nissan Clutch Class Action Lawsuit Alive on Appeal news | 7 days ago
- August 4: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Expanded investigations | 16 days ago
- August 3: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 17 days ago
CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 8)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 52,400 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 158 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (54 reports)
- not sure (45 reports)
- nothing fixed (20 reports)
- replace transmission (18 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (9 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (6 reports)