- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- November 24: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Settlement Preliminarily Approved news | 61 days ago
- November 22: Nissan CVT Settlement Reached news | 63 days ago
- November 18: Nissan Altima Rear Lower Control Arm Replacement Program news | 67 days ago
- November 17: Nissan Infiniti Peeling Paint Class Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 68 days ago
CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 53,250 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 162 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (55 reports)
- not sure (47 reports)
- nothing fixed (20 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (9 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (6 reports)