- May 5: Nissan Rogues Recalled For Rear Brake Calipers recalls | 6 days ago
- April 4: Nissan Transmission Lawsuit Names Pathfinder and Rogue news | 37 days ago
- March 27: Nissan Rogue Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Recalls 2021 Rogue For Wrong Wheel Nuts recalls | 47 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Altima Hood Latch Recall Fix Failed: Lawsuit news | 52 days ago
CVT Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 9)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "Avoid Like The Plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 53,750 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 167 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (57 reports)
- not sure (49 reports)
- nothing fixed (20 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (9 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (7 reports)