- February 12: Nissan 370Z CSC Failure Lawsuit Aims For Class Certification news | 7 days ago
- February 8: Nissan Recalls Juke Nismo RS SUVs For Braking Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- February 6: Nissan CVT Cooling System Lawsuit Continues in Court news | 13 days ago
- January 22: Nissan Recalls Versas For Takata Airbags recalls | 28 days ago
- January 17: Nissan Recalls 2018 Versa Notes to Replace Side Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
2010 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2010 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems22NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems17NHTSA complaints: 52
- engine problems15NHTSA complaints: 40
- transmission problems13NHTSA complaints: 11
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 12
- AC / heater problems7
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 30
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 12
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 17
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 35
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 36
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 13
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.