- November 18: Honda Odyssey Second-Row Seat Problems Injure 46 recalls | 1 days ago
- November 14: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Lawsuit Tossed news | 5 days ago
- September 14: Honda Recalls Cars With Airbags That Weren't Installed Correctly recalls | 66 days ago
- September 11: Lane Departure and Blind Spot Warning Systems Really Work news | 69 days ago
- September 8: Salvaged Takata Airbag Focus of Karina Dorado Lawsuit news | 72 days ago
2008 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
Worst 2008 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems1274NHTSA complaints: 573
- engine problems554NHTSA complaints: 186
- interior accessories problems233NHTSA complaints: 56
- AC / heater problems70NHTSA complaints: 10
- body / paint problems62NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems50NHTSA complaints: 15
- exterior accessories problems26NHTSA complaints: 20
- electrical problems26NHTSA complaints: 84
- lights problems24NHTSA complaints: 109
- seat belts / air bags problems24NHTSA complaints: 311
- fuel system problems23NHTSA complaints: 8
- windows / windshield problems15NHTSA complaints: 17
- wheels / hubs problems13NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems11NHTSA complaints: 30
- suspension problems11NHTSA complaints: 17
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 36
- clutch problems2
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 21
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.