- January 18: Takata Airbag Claims Another Life, This Time in Florida news | 5 days ago
- January 11: Honda Recalls 717,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 12 days ago
- December 28: Certain Automakers Falling Behind With Automatic Emergency Braking news | 26 days ago
- December 19: Takata Airbag Kills Louisiana Driver of a Honda Civic news | 35 days ago
- November 30: Honda Recalls 2017 Civics With Bad Driveshafts recalls | 54 days ago
2008 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
Worst 2008 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems1276NHTSA complaints: 573
- engine problems560NHTSA complaints: 186
- interior accessories problems232NHTSA complaints: 56
- AC / heater problems71NHTSA complaints: 10
- body / paint problems63NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems51NHTSA complaints: 15
- exterior accessories problems26NHTSA complaints: 20
- electrical problems26NHTSA complaints: 84
- lights problems24NHTSA complaints: 109
- seat belts / air bags problems24NHTSA complaints: 311
- fuel system problems23NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems15NHTSA complaints: 13
- windows / windshield problems15NHTSA complaints: 17
- steering problems11NHTSA complaints: 30
- suspension problems11NHTSA complaints: 17
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 36
- clutch problems2
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 21
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.