- November 20: Honda Odyssey Power Sliding Door Problems Cause Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- November 16: Honda Recalls HR-V, Odyssey and Acura MDX For Brake Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- November 4: Honda Civic CVT Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- October 31: Honda CR-V Oil Dilution Fix on the Way news | 21 days ago
- October 19: Honda Recalls 2019 Insight, Odyssey and Ridgeline recalls | 33 days ago
2008 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
2008 Honda Accord Brakes Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Premature Brake Wear1094
- Squeaky Brakes77
- Rotors Warped43
- Scraping Sound With Occasional Alarm18
- Vibration From Brakes When Applied17
- Brakes Sticking9
- Soft Knocking Sound At Slow Speed When Braking8
- Caliper Bolt Came Out3
- Total Brake Loss While Driving2
- Brakes Pull To The Side1
- Leaking Calipers1
- Overly Sensitive Brakes1
- Oversensitive Emergency Brake1
- Vas Light With Clunk Sound1
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic440
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Electric58
- NHTSA: Service Brakes50
- NHTSA: Electronic Stability Control10
- NHTSA: Parking Brake9
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Air9
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...7
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...3
- NHTSA: Traction Control System2
- NHTSA: Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.