- August 5: Honda Recalls Odyssey, Passport and Pilot Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- August 5: Honda Odyssey Recall: Rearview Camera Failures recalls | 1 days ago
- August 5: Honda Recalls Odysseys With Power Sliding Doors recalls | 1 days ago
- August 4: Honda Recalls 500,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- August 3: DENSO Canada Lawsuit Filed Over Fuel Pumps news | 3 days ago
2008 Honda Accord
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.