- February 13: Honda Recalls Passport and Pilot SUVs For Erasable Label Ink recalls | 15 days ago
- February 12: Honda Odyssey EX-L, Touring and Elite Recalled After Fires recalls | 16 days ago
- January 28: Honda CR-V Sensing Lawsuit Says SUVs Suddenly Stop In The Road news | 31 days ago
- January 22: Honda Recalls 2.4 Million Vehicles For Takata NADI Airbags recalls | 37 days ago
- January 1: Tesla Crash in Gardena, California, Investigated By Feds investigations | 58 days ago
2008 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
2008 Honda Accord Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Jerks Into Gear19
- Transmission Slipping13
- Car Shudders When Changing From Low Gears6
- Occasional Hesitation6
- Trouble Shifting Gears In Cold Weather2
- Defective Internal Transmission Cooler1
- Does Not Coast When You Release Gas Peddle1
- Noise Sounds Like Airplane On Runway For Takeoff1
- Transmission Failure1
- Transmission Out Of Fluid1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission11
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.