- December 2: Honda Pilot Recall Issued For Overcured Tires recalls | 3 days ago
- November 28: Honda Accord Power Steering Problems Cause Petition investigations | 7 days ago
- November 27: DENSO Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 8 days ago
- October 22: Honda Pays $5 Million Over Takata Airbags news | 44 days ago
- October 4: Honda Fuel Pump Recall Failed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 62 days ago
2008 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
2008 Honda Accord Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Oil Consumption390
- Grinding Noise At Start Up80
- Fouled Spark Plug30
- Surging, Stumbling And Loss Of Power11
- Engine Misfires8
- Rumbling Engine Noise7
- Check Engine Light On6
- Loses Power During Acceleration6
- Vtc Actuator Failure6
- Oil Leaks4
- Stalls Out After Starting4
- Timing Chain Failure4
- Blown Head Gasket3
- Horrible Cold Start And Idle3
- Cracked Engine Block2
- Engine Shudder2
- Premature Air Filter Failure2
- Stalls While Driving Without Warning2
- Ticking Noise From Engine2
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failed1
- Oil Pan's Treads Won't Keep The Plug In Place1
- Oil Pump Failure1
- Throttle Body Failure1
- Unintended Acceleration1
- NHTSA: Engine194
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control28
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling23
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine8
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.