- October 10: Honda Civic AC Not Working, Alleges Car Owners news | 18 days ago
- October 6: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled To Check Tires recalls | 22 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 37 days ago
- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 43 days ago
- September 8: 'Miles to Empty' Accuracy Questioned by Researchers news | 50 days ago
Vtc Actuator Failure
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 86,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace vtc actuator (3 reports)