- June 15: 2022 Honda Odyssey Minivans Recalled Over Seat Frames recalls | 2 days ago
- June 5: Honda Ridgeline Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Tailgates news | 12 days ago
- June 4: Honda Battery Class Action Lawsuit in Florida news | 13 days ago
- June 4: Honda Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Drained Battery news | 13 days ago
- May 15: Honda Civic Air Conditioning Recall Needed, Lawsuit Alleges news | 33 days ago
Fouled Spark Plug
2008 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 58,550 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 31 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- spark plug replaced (25 reports)
- not sure (3 reports)
- replace piston rings, gaskets, plugs (2 reports)
- new valve seals (1 reports)