- November 1: Nissan AEB Malfunction Lawsuit to Continue news | 32 days ago
- October 18: Nissan Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Warranties news | 46 days ago
- October 6: Nissan Recalls Altima, LEAF and Maxima Vehicles recalls | 58 days ago
- September 25: Nissan Titan Recall Ordered Over LED Headlights recalls | 69 days ago
2010 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
2010 Nissan Altima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Check Engine Light Is On2
- Excessive Oil Consumption2
- Jerky Acceleration2
- Leaking Head Gasket2
- Loss Of Power While Driving2
- Poor Acceleration-Shuddering During Acceleration2
- Growling On Acceleration1
- Knock And Clicking Noise1
- Noisy When Starting Up1
- NHTSA: Engine40
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.