- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 2 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 5 days ago
- August 13: Nissan Clutch Class Action Lawsuit Alive on Appeal news | 9 days ago
- August 4: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Expanded investigations | 18 days ago
2010 Nissan Altima
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.