- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated recalls | 3 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 20 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 26 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 26 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 29 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
2009 Nissan Altima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Jerking And Stalling4
- Lost Power While Driving4
- Clatter Noise From Engine When Started And At Idle3
- Driving 70 Mph Or Faster Will Loose Speed3
- Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving2
- Check Engine Light On1
- Engine Seized1
- High Rpm After Changing Throttle Sensor And Clutch Pad1
- Sometimes Pushing On Gas Pedal Nothing Happens1
- NHTSA: Engine92
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control37
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.