- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 12 days ago
- July 22: Nissan Sentra CVT Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 28 days ago
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 105,000 Versas For Deadly Takata Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- July 3: Nissan XTRONIC CVT Lawsuit Includes Jukes and Versas news | 47 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 55 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
Crash Test Safety Ratings
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.