- September 20: Nissan ABS Actuator Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 1 days ago
- September 1: Nissan Ignition Switch Problems Cause Recall recalls | 20 days ago
- August 21: Mazda Says It Didn't Falsify Fuel Economy and Emissions Inspections news | 31 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima CVT Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 32 days ago
- August 7: Nissan Recalls Versa Cars to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 45 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
2009 Nissan Altima Exhaust System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Crack In Exhaust2
- Clogged Rear Catalytic Converter1
- Exhaust Manifold Failure1
- Exhaust Mid Pipe Leak1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.