- December 7: Nissan Timing Chain Replacements Will Be Reimbursed: Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- November 23: Infiniti FX Bubbling Dashboard Lawsuit Verdict Overturned news | 17 days ago
- November 19: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Recall Expanded recalls | 21 days ago
- November 16: Nissan Rogues Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- November 11: Nissan Altima Rusted Floor Pans Cause Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
exhaust system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2009 Altima exhaust system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- crack in exhaust2
- clogged rear catalytic converter1
- exhaust mid pipe leak1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.