- May 21: JATCO CVT8HT Reliability Questioned in Nissan Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- April 29: Nissan Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 51 days ago
- April 25: Nissan Titan Trucks Recalled For Missing Labels recalls | 55 days ago
- April 24: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Problems Blamed For 14 Crashes investigations | 56 days ago
- April 16: 2009 Nissan Murano ABS Actuator Will Be Replaced news | 64 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
Exhaust System Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
2009 Nissan Altima Exhaust System Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Crack In Exhaust2
- Clogged Rear Catalytic Converter1
- Exhaust Manifold Failure1
- Exhaust Mid Pipe Leak1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Emission ...1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Exhaust System: Manifold/Header/Muffler/Tail ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.