- February 23: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Preliminarily Approved news | 4 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 10 days ago
- January 15: Nissan Recalls 308,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 43 days ago
2009 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
More info & videos about the Nissan ESCL defect are available over at NissanProblems.com.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
2009 Nissan Altima Steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Steering Wheel Lock Failure459
- Tie Rod Broke While Driving1
- NHTSA: Steering807
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device4
- NHTSA: Steering: Column2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.