- September 12: Nissan Rogue Automatic Emergency Braking Malfunctions Investigated recalls | 7 days ago
- August 26: Nissan Altima Lower Control Arm Investigation Ongoing investigations | 24 days ago
- August 20: Nissan Altima and Maxima Floorboard Rust Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 30 days ago
- August 20: Nissan LEAF Occupancy Sensor Causes Defect Petition investigations | 30 days ago
- August 17: Nissan Pays $1.5 Million in Ashlynn Nicole Overton Crash news | 33 days ago
2008 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Altima has a defect trend of CVT transmission failure showing up around the 100,000 mile mark.
It's an expensive repair at nearly $4,000 average repair cost. For more information see Nissan Altima CVT defect info on NissanProblems.com.
2008 Nissan Altima Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Blew Head Gasket6
- Engine Turns Over, Won't Start6
- Knocking Noise When The Temperature Is Cold5
- Excessive Oil Usage2
- Blown Engine1
- Check Engine Light On1
- Fire In Engine1
- Gas Pedal Stops Working1
- Loss Of Power & Stalling While Driving1
- Shudders At Elevated Speeds1
- Timing Chain Guide And Tensioner Failure1
- Will Not Accelerate At High Speeds1
- NHTSA: Engine43
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control26
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling12
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.