- October 10: Nissan Repairs Unintended Airbag Deployments in the Frontier, Titan and Xterra news | 8 days ago
- October 8: Nissan Facing Trouble in Japan Over Falsified Documents news | 10 days ago
- September 26: Nissan Sentra Xtronic CVT Lawsuit Targets 2012-2017 Models news | 22 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Settles Takata Class-Action Lawsuits For $98 Million news | 70 days ago
- August 9: Nissan Recalls Titan Crew Cab and Titan XD Crew Cab recalls | 70 days ago
Transmission Makes Growling Noise At Low Rpm
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 39,300 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 5 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- replace transmission (2 reports)
- replace alternator (1 reports)