- January 11: Hyundai Genesis Recalled to Replace Dangerous Tires recalls | 32 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Recalls 155,000 Elantra Sedans To Fix Sudden Braking recalls | 36 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Heads to Court news | 51 days ago
- December 11: Hyundai Recalls Genesis Coupes to Fix Driveshafts recalls | 63 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On recalls | 84 days ago
Mpg Not Close To Epa Estimates
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hyundai dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 8,014 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 34 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (34 reports)
fuel system problem