- July 30: Hyundai Recalls 883,000 Sonatas That Could Roll Away
- July 27: Feds Investigate 394,000 Hyundai Sonatas After Seat Belt Buckle Complaints
- July 27: Hyundai Recalls 2015 Sonata For Fractured Front Brake Calipers
- July 13: Hyundai Recalls 2015 Sonata For Stuck Gear Shifters
- July 1: Hyundai Elantra Touring Recalled For Dangerous Air Bags
Mpg Not Close To Epa Estimates
2013 Hyundai Elantra (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 3,030 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 25 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (25 reports)
fuel system problem