- March 6: Toyota Recalls Highlander For Useless Seat Belt
- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- February 27: Law Firm Investigates Toyota Excessive Oil Consumption Complaints
- February 21: The Most American-Made Car Brand
- February 15: J.D. Power Study: Vehicle Problems on the Rise
- February 12: Software Glitches Lead to Another Massive Toyota Recall
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- January 31: Toyota in the Hot Seat: Stops Selling 6 Models
- January 27: Toyota Camry Hybrid Faces Investigation After Brake-Failure Complaints
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 20: Man Sues Toyota Over 'New Car Smell'
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
- December 16: Toyota to Enter Talks to Settle Unintended Acceleration Lawsuits
2007 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
An increasing number of Toyotas are experiencing excessive oil consumption and the 2007 Camry seems to be leading the charge.
Owners are reporting that their engines are deprived of oil halfway through their maintenance schedules and in some cases the damage is so bad that entirely new engines need to be installed, paid out of pocket. The issue may be a result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Toyota has issued a TSB for this problem, but maintains their stance that vehicles equipped with a 2AZ-FE engine are burning through a “normal” amount of oil.
Worst 2007 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- engine problems116NHTSA complaints: 605
- brakes problems34NHTSA complaints: 120
- transmission problems33NHTSA complaints: 211
- interior accessories problems20NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems11NHTSA complaints: 89
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 76
- steering problems8NHTSA complaints: 54
- wheels / hubs problems8NHTSA complaints: 46
- suspension problems6NHTSA complaints: 80
- AC / heater problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- clutch problems3
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 35
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 288
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 70
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 48
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 85
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 38
- lights problemsNHTSA: 7
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 6
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.