- June 22: Toyota Won't Get New Koua Fong Lee Camry Trial
- May 16: Toyota Sienna Recalled By Two Independent Toyota Distributors
- May 13: Over 11.5 Million Vehicles Recalled Due To Explosive Takata Airbag Inflators
- May 3: NHTSA: No Toyota Corolla Unintended Acceleration Investigation
- April 12: Lawsuit Filed Over 2012 Toyota Camry Air Conditioner Smell
2009 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Worst 2009 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems95NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems28NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems20
- body / paint problems19
- brakes problems15
- cooling system problems9
- transmission problems7
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems5
- fuel system problems5
- suspension problems4
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems2
- lights problems2
- clutch problems1
- drivetrain problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.