- March 12: Massive Car Hacking Lawsuit Filed Against Ford, GM and Toyota
- March 11: Toyota Recalls Vehicles For Power Steering and 'Neutral' Problems
- March 8: Toyota Prius Gas Mileage Lawsuit Not Out of Gas
- March 5: Toyota Yaris Recalled in Puerto Rico to Fix Headliner Problems
- February 17: Toyota Recalls Tacoma and Yaris In Two Actions
2009 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
Worst 2009 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems84NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems28NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems19
- body / paint problems18
- brakes problems14
- cooling system problems9
- transmission problems7
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems5
- fuel system problems5
- suspension problems4
- electrical problems2
- lights problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- clutch problems1
- drivetrain problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.