- October 16: Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended For 2020 Models news | 2 days ago
- October 14: Toyota 4Runners Recalled By Southeast Toyota Distributors recalls | 4 days ago
- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- October 8: Toyota Camry Class Action Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 10 days ago
2009 Toyota Camry
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Camry used to be adorned with our “Seal of Pretty Good” but that was before an alarming number of complaints started rolling in for excessive oil consumption.
Owners are being caught off-guard with how quickly their cars are running out of oil. No leaks, no spills, just 1 quart of vanishing oil in as little as 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains this is “normal” for the 2AZ-FE engine, even though they issued a TSB for the problem in August of 2011.
The issue may be the result of defective piston rings and is the possible target of a class-action lawsuit.
2009 Toyota Camry Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Oil Consumption216
- Engine Failure12
- Car Surges Forward When Braking3
- Rough Idle2
- Defective Oil Line With Rubber Hose1
- Engine Knocks Excessively At Warm Up1
- Head Gasket Blew1
- Motor Oil Is Like Gel1
- Poor Acceleration1
- Running Roughly When A/C On1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control198
- NHTSA: Engine162
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal65
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling26
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.