- January 10: Toyota and Lexus Recall 601,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- December 31: Toyota and Lexus Vehicles Recalled to Replace Load Labels recalls | 17 days ago
- December 14: Southeast Toyota Recalls 4Runners to Fix Grilles recalls | 34 days ago
- December 9: Toyota Soy Wiring Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in Massachusetts news | 39 days ago
- November 15: Toyota Recalls 40,000 Prius Plug-In Hybrids That Can Stall recalls | 63 days ago
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems112NHTSA complaints: 181
- interior accessories problems39NHTSA complaints: 11
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 64
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 116
- cooling system problems4
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 29
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 184
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 43
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 33
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 76
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 40
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.