- October 19: Toyota Recalls Sienna Minivans Over Rollaway Risk recalls | 3 days ago
- October 8: Toyota Camry Air Conditioning Smell Lawsuit Will Continue news | 14 days ago
- September 22: Toyota Recalls Land Cruiser, Lexus LX470 and LX570 recalls | 30 days ago
- September 9: Gulf States Toyota Recalls Highlanders and Highlander Hybrids recalls | 43 days ago
- August 1: Toyota Dealer Roger Hogan Sues Toyota Over Recall Program news | 82 days ago
2008 Toyota Camry
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Much like the 2007 model year, which has a higher number of complaints, owners are reporting that their engines are running out of oil awfully quick. As in, 1 quart every 1,200 miles. Toyota maintains that’s with the “normal” operating range of the 2AZ-FE while owners maintain that’s complete BS.
Worst 2008 Camry Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems108NHTSA complaints: 181
- interior accessories problems33NHTSA complaints: 11
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 29
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 22
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 116
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 64
- cooling system problems4
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 43
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 33
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 184
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 40
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 76
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 16
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota Camry Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Camry compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota Camry overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Camry.